Preparation for Procedure
Planned Procedure : Balloon Sinuplasty
A balloon sinuplasty is a minimally invasive treatment option that can be performed by Dr. McLeod in his office. The objective of balloon sinus dilation is to expand sinus pathways and restore drainage.
- On the day of your procedure, if you have been given a mild sedative take it with food 1 -2 hours prior to your procedure time. Also, if given mild sedative someone should drive you to and from your procedure.
- Spray your nose with Afrin every 15 minutes for the hour prior to your procedure.
- Use saline spray frequently for the 1st week after your procedure.
- You may resume normal activities the day after your procedure if you feel okay.
Nasal wash Recipe (Saline)
- One Quart Distilled Water
- One heaping teaspoon non-iodized salt
- One pinch of baking soda