Posts for: December, 2015
Having trouble sleeping? Here are some Edible Sleep Aids.
Sleep impacts how you feel throughout the day and nutrition plays a big role in how well you sleep. Try these foods to help you naturally produce serotonin and a good-night's sleep.
- Complex carbs like cereals, brown rice and whole grains aid in sleep. Avoid simple carbs like cookies and cake, as sugar will reduce serotonin levels
- Lean proteins like low-fat cheese, chicken, turkey, and fish
- Warm milk, tea with chamomile or peppermint
- Fresh herbs like sage and basil contain chemicals that reduce tension
During this holiday season, people are busy shopping, traveling, and visiting with loved ones. Sometimes, instead of picking something good to snack on we pick up what is quick or easy. Here are some examples of energy-rich snacks to help you get through the day.
- Apples give you a powerful jolt. Packed with fiber, apples take longer to digest giving you a prolonged lift. Pair with cheese for an even stronger boost.
- Almonds are packed with protein, manganese, copper and riboflavin and are a super handy snack you can keep at your desk or in your car.
- Yogurt contains magnesium, which helps release energy in your body. It also gives you a dose of calcium and replenishes your glycogen.
- Eggs provide a huge boost of complete protein along with some essential amino acids. Having a boiled egg after a workout is a great way to recharge your body.
For more helpful tips on healthy eating come visit us at Southern Head and Neck Surgery. Wesley Pinto, PA will be glad to go over a diet plan with you.